Enjoy some of the flavors of fall with real pumpkin, apples and just the right spices! This uses the 2 ingredient dough base so popular on the WW Connect app.
If you have points left, spread on an extra treat – like a bit of pecan apple butter!
- 1/2 c canned pumpkin
- 1/2 c nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 c whole wheat flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c finely chopped apple
- 1 TB powdered peanut butter (like PB2) or unsweetened cocoa (to tone down the sour flavor of the yogurt)
- a few shakes of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger (or just use pumpkin pie spice mix if you have it, but I didn’t.)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Stir together pumpkin and yogurt until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, egg and apple. Stir until just blended.
- Add powdered peanut butter / cocoa and spices. Just when you think you have enough, add another shake of cinnamon and ginger.
- Spoon into a tin for oversized muffins – makes 4 muffins.
- Bake at 350* for 20 minutes. Leave in oven, raise temp to 400* and bake 8 minutes more. Test with toothpick that centers are firm before removing from oven.
- Place muffin tin on a cooling rack and cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
People on the WW Freestyle plan can expect to lose .5-2 pounds/week. Try one month free with this link: https://www.weightwatchers.com/us/checkout/iaf/?iaftoken=ACEC411600