March 17, 2020
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 TB garlic
- 1 medium green pepper, diced small
- 1 cup chicken broth + 1 cup water, or 2 cups water
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4-6 saffron threads
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Black pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and begin to brown.
- When onion is translucent, add the ground turkey, garlic and green pepper. Cook until meat is brown and vegetables are tender.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover. Cook until rice is tender, about 25 minutes. Check after 20 minutes to be sure rice is not stuck to bottom of pan/more water is needed.